Saturday, 25 August 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream



I've wanted to try a BB cream for quite some time now, but I didn't want to spend money on one just in case I didn't like it, because I have heard reviews where the creams have been too orange, and haven't had a wide range of shades available. And when I was at the Benefit counter last week I asked about BB creams and the lady there said that a BB cream is trying to do too much in one product and will never be as good as the individual products, cos she said its trying to be like a tinted moisturiser, moisturise and suncream all in one or something, but anyhows, when I saw an advert for a free sample of this I thought well why not.. so I did. This took about ten days to get here. The packaging is quite nice, it gives you all the info you need about the BB cream the sachets are tiny but you do get three of them, they're awkward to open but nevermind.




It is definitely orange..


The consistency is no as thick as a liquid foundation, but not as liquidy as a moisturiser so it's somewhere in between, the smell is plasticky and has no perfumey scent, and when I applied it it didn't seem to have much slip, once it was worked in and rubbed about it sort of stopped moving and became a little sticky and was hard to blend in if there were any visible lines or streaks of product.

Here is a 'before' shot

aaand an 'after'


I'm not sure how much you're supposed to use but i used an entire sachet on my face, so I'm not sure if it is too much or.. but I applied it with my hands and its too dark for me, although the coverage is really nice cos you can still see skin through it which is what I was looking for, it is too dark, so if I could find a BB cream that wasn't too orangey then I would definitely purchase one, but alas this one is not the one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment